Anderson Historic Districts

Anderson County

Exterior viewing only.
www.nationalregister.sc.gov

There are four historic districts in the City of Anderson.  They are Boulevard Historic District (residential), Anderson Historic District (residential), Downtown Historic District (business), and Westside Historic District (residential). Visit the map on the website to see more sites on the National Register of Historic Places.
[map]

Pendleton Historic District

Anderson County

P.O. Box 565, Pendleton, SC 29670
864-646-3782 or 1-800-862-1795
Exterior viewing; walking tour brochure available year-round at Hunter’s Store, 125 E. Queen Street, Pendleton, SC.

The town of Pendleton was formed in 1790 as the seat of government for the Old Pendleton District, now Anderson, Oconee and Pickens counties.  The entire town plus an outlying area was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971. The Pendleton Historic District contains over fifty historic structures, most pre-1860 in origin.

[map]

Ram Cat Alley Historic District, Seneca

Oconee County

Exterior viewing only.
www.nationalregister.sc.gov

Ram Cat Alley Historic District (downtown commercial), 18 contributing properties on Ram Cat Alley and N. Townville Street.
[map]

Seneca Historic District

Oconee County

Exterior viewing only.
www.nationalregister.sc.gov

 

Seneca Historic District (residential), 25 contributing properties on Fairplay Street, Oak St., Poplar St., Townville St., S. First St., S. Second St. and S. Third St.
[map]