Alexander-Cannon-Hill House at High Falls County Park
671 High Falls Road, Seneca, SC 29672
The house was built in 1830, and is one of the last remaining pieces of the area's history. Open during park office and gift shop hours.
2725 Old Greenville Hwy. (SC88), Central, SC 29630
Seasonal hours, group tours available
Admission fees apply
Now a house museum, the ca. 1825 Upcountry plantation home was built by the Gibbes family. Today it is owned and operated by the Pendleton Historic Foundation.
212 E. South 3rd St., Seneca, SC 29678.
The home and grounds were originally donated by the Ballenger Family in 1979 to the women of Seneca as a meeting place for local clubs and organizations. The circa 1925 house is located in historic downtown Seneca, South Carolina.
Fort Hill: Home of John C. Calhoun & Thomas G. Clemson, c. 1803
102 Fort Hill Street, Clemson University Campus, Clemson, SC 29631
864-656-2475 – Tour appointments
M-Sat 10a-12p, 1p-4:30p; Sun 2p-4:30p; Closed CU Holidays
Furnished with original artifacts, European artworks, and restored interiors, Fort Hill was the plantation home of statesman Vice-President John C. Calhoun and his son-in-law diplomat and agriculturalist Thomas Clemson. Located in the center of the Clemson University campus, the home features a restored garden, a reconstructed kitchen, a springhouse interpreting the cotton plantation, and interpretation of African-American slavery. Special events and exhibitions year-round.
Lunney House Museum
211 W. South 1st Street, Seneca, SC 29678
Th-Sat 1pm-5pm, and by appointment.
This notable American Queen Anne style bungalow house, built in 1906, features furnishings and décor from the era.
Hagood-Mauldin House/Irma Morris Museum of Fine Arts
104 N. Lewis Street, Pickens, SC 29671
864-421-4771 or 864-878-3258
April-October, 3rd Sat 10am-4pm; group tours by appointment
The house, which was relocated in 1868, was first built ca. 1828 by owner James Earle Hagood, a legislator, lawyer, and planter of Old Pickens. It has been restored and furnished to the period and is now available for tours.
Hanover House: Colonial French Huguenot Museum, c. 1716
2016 Marked the 300th anniversary of Hanover. The accurately restored and furnished Colonial French Huguenot house was built in 1716 relocated from Berkeley County to the Clemson Campus in 1941. Family home of Paul de St. Julien and Henry Ravenel interprets the colonial history and architecture of South Carolina.
Hopewell: Home of General Andrew Pickens, c. 1785
General Andrew Pickens Home (restoration in process) The nearby Treaty Oak Trail memorializes the Hopewell Treaties of 1785/1786 where General Andrew Pickens negotiated with the Cherokee, Choctaw and Chickasaw nations.
Obediah and Jennie Shirley House
343 Bagwell Dr., Belton, SC 29627
Tours by appointment
Completed in 1830, the house enclosed and preserved a cir. 1790 log cabin, which is still the center section of the structure. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
130 History Lane, P.O. Box 444, Pendleton, SC 29670
Please call for seasonal hours, group tours available with advance arrangements.
Ca. 1830 house built by Charles Cotesworth Pinckney as a summer home, and later owned by Rev. John B. Adger and the Smythe family. Jane E. Hunter, founder of the Phillis Wheatley Association, was born on the plantation. Operated as a house museum by Pendleton Historic Foundation and is available for special event rentals.